It’s been a busy week in the world of research ethics, and we wanted to take a minute to provide you with a list of a few news outlets where you can find out more about these current events.
On Monday, President Obama signed an executive order to lift the ban on embryonic stem cell research.
- The New York Times provided a “News Analysis” on the subject;
- Blogger Nancy Walton (The Research Ethics Blog) wrote an excellent overview of what this means to for research; and
- CNN commented on President Obama’s move to “separate politics and science.”
- Anesthesiology News first reported the retractions of the studies from several anesthesiology journals;
- The Wall Street Journal provided a brief overview of the story in their Health Blog; and
- WBUR, Boston's NPR station, invited Jerome Kassirer, former New England Journal of Medicine editor, to speak on their program this morning (interview available via RealAudio).
- The Wall Street Journal reported that the Margaret "Peggy" Hamburg is the leading candidate to become FDA commissioner, while Baltimore health chief Joshua Sharfstein is in line to become a deputy commissioner.
- In addition, the Wall Street Journal Health Blog provided a bit more information about Dr. Hamburg.