The Certification for Institutional Review Board Professionals (CIP®) is a milestone that formally recognizes the holder’s understanding of the IRB and its operations, and signifies mastery of a level of specialized knowledge essential to high-quality human subject protections. Sure, there is some paperwork, and a test to boot, but those letters—CIP—are more than just a benchmark. The CIP® credential translates to far-reaching benefits that affect all of the stakeholders in the human research enterprise. CIPs…
- Strengthen an institution’s human research protection program with a demonstrated body of knowledge
- Improve IRB administration
- Bolster their institution’s regulatory compliance
- Reinforce the precedence of research subjects at the sponsoring institution(s)
- Stand out as a source of expert-level knowledge during the accreditation process
To learn more about the eligibility requirements and the exam itself, please download the CIP® Handbook. Don’t delay – the deadline to apply for the September exam period is August 1, 2009.Already a CIP®? For more information on recertification, please e-mail Shaquanna Philip or download the Recertification Guidelines.
Pssst! Did you know you can save $100 on exam fees as a PRIM&R member? Join today and take advantage of ALL the benefits of PRIM&R membership.